I often get questions about past lives dreams, so I wanted to write an article about this.
Past life memories often bleed through into dreams. There are several qualities of past life dreams, which make them different from symbolic dreams. Most of our dreams are symbolic, and sometimes past life memories and symbolism are mixed up.
- Dreams in which you are in a different body - not your own - can be different gender, age, body type etc. Not all “different body” dreams are past life memories, it can be also a “psychic dream” picking up another currently living person’s experience (rather difficult to distinguish from your own parallel life) If this dream repeats - most likely it is your own past or parallel life. (parallel life is a life in modern times, overlapping your own, when a soul splits its energy into 2 or more bodies)
- Dreams in historic settings - another time, another place, exotic cultures, tribal living etc. Clothes, furniture, means of transportation, lighting etc will be consistent with a particular culture (use ‘google images” to look for proof)
- Dreams in black and white, sepia, candlelight, or any other unusual lighting. B/w ans sepia dreams are pretty typical for 19th-early 20th century past lives with b/w photography and silent movies. (I even had a Past Life Regression session which were all in b/w and color would only appear after death in that late 19 century/1910s past life, though most of my PLRs are in color)
- Dreams when you are watching scenes from above and often have a “narrator” explaining what is going on. This is typical for very traumatic lives, when they only show you neutral scenes, but the Guide tells you about some really unpleasant events. Allows to process past life trauma without having a full blown nightmare.
- Repeating nightmares, not connected with traumatic events in this life. “Past Life PTSD” can pop in dreams in this life. If you do get repeating nightmares - most likely you suffer from post traumatic stress in this life, or going through very stressful situation at the moment, but if none of this is true - this might be a past life trauma bleeding through. In this case I highly recommend doing a past life regression with an experienced hypnotherapist.
- “Photo album” , “magic book” or “gallery” dreams when you are shown a row of images (often moving) in a book, album, pictures on a wall, in bubbles etc) These are ‘past life records” dreams when you are shown whole bunch of your past lives at the same time. This is often a dream you get when you are trying to incubate a past life dream, if you are lucid enough - you can just jump into any of these moving pictures and experience that past life. It is very similar to visiting Hall of Records (aka Akashic Library) in spiritual hypnotherapy or meditation.
- “Carnival Party” dreams - when you see many people dressed in all kinds of historic garb, having a good time, and their costumes are museum quality, not usual Mardi Gras costumes with inexpensive fabrics and rhinestones…This can be visiting with your Soul group and your own past life characters in the Hereafter, or them visiting you in physical reality (depending on the scenery) These dreams can have a flair of Afterlife in ‘What Dreams may come” movie with giant staircases, giant cathedrals and halls, flying etc. You can see your own past life characters and their ‘inner circle” in these dreams, they often give you a gift.